Wednesday, December 24, 2014

A Mountaintop Experience

After Master Chorus Eastside’s recent Christmas concerts, which featured compositions by Northwest composers, several of them quite demanding, I asked if any of our singers would be willing to write down their thoughts about the experience for our blog.  One member responded with a creative combination of words and pictures, in the style of a graphic novel, that perfectly captured the experience.  Here is what he put together.

Dr. Linda Gingrich
Artistic director and conductor
Master Chorus Eastside

Here are a few pictures worth a thousand words

Our director says we are going to do some pieces by Northwest composers, and it promises to be a mountaintop experience.


When studying the pieces I notice a degree of difficulty, for me as a singer, to be overcome.


I then find other points that require my focused time and effort to get right.


I begin to wonder if I can sing these pieces successfully


I ask a higher power for help with this task.


I begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel.


We finally perform the pieces.


We see the composers’ faces radiating success, like the sun through the clouds


Dan Reitz, bass
Master Chorus Eastside

No comments:

Post a Comment